About Underground MovementEdit
( Revamp in progress! Guild going through some major changes, trying to set wiki-page to correspond... )
|Type:||Open-Minded Roleplaying Guild|
|Leader(s):||IC: Unknown. ( OOC: Err... Ask any member of the guild? They can point the new direction or do a /ginvite )|
|Recruitment status:||Passively open. Accepting new members but not very active on seeking them...|
|Classes:||Warlock, Rogue and Death Knights preferred, but Mages and Shadow Priests aren't far behind.|
Other classes at least OOCly welcome with believeable IC reason - we'd like to keep a "dark" and secretive aspect. Evilness is a bonus?
IC History and Current StatusEdit
The noble Lady Jouet Starless crumpled the letter in her pale, long-fingered hand, watching as the beautiful parchment was ruined and the text turned unreadable. Again they were tailing her, sending her threat-letters disguised as polite reminders about keeping "the order in the city." Some sneaky tattler had caught a glimpse of her attempting to summon a servant from the Void, and had apparently decided that to be a threat to the Horde. A threat? How could a Demon perfectly under her control be any threat to anyone except her very enemies?
Frustrated, the Blood Elf noble tossed the paper onto the polished floor and stepped to the window, peering at the street of Murder Row below. They were probably watching her right now, waiting for her to become careless so they could seize her. Laws, Jouet thought, made up by greedy leaders to hold free-thinkers back. They were nothing but a nuisance which kept her from advancing in her studies, and doing it alone was becoming more and more difficult in a world full of narrow-minded fools.
But perhaps it wouldn't have to be done alone? The lady's ears twitched, and her painted lips tweaked into something that could resemble a smile. She turned and walked, with a ladylike swagger, to the door that led to her brother's study, knocking gently on the door. "Caros," she said, "I have an idea I'm sure you'd like to hear."
"She what?", he asked, more in a manner that spoke of disbelief rather than not having heard it the first time.
"She just snapped," Nathira summarised in a neutral tone.
The rogue filled in the gaps by adding: "First she was raving about how lucky the Sin'dorei in his private army are..."
"And then she went off to join them," Nathira concluded before the rogue would ruin it. He had class what so ever.
In silence the master contemplated. "And the brother?"
"Lord Starless is... Still with us."
"This escapade of hers and severing of ties, they do seem related. Has she gone insane like you say," he gestured and the rogue who was cleaning under his nails with a dagger grinned, "or is there a purpose to all this... What ever this might serve in the end we will see when the time is right..." No one questioned this.
"Can we control the brother?" Like his sister, Caros too was in lead of the Underground Movement - at least in name. The Starless siblings had gathered it after all, setting things in motion...
"He is insane," Nathira confirmed.
The rogue intercepted: "Nutty. Bats in the attict. A few screws loose... Like on a Goblin bu"...
"Quite a nuisance to have around," Nathira gathered again before things got stray any more. "But we have him."
"Good," the master seemed ignore the nosy rogues interruptions skillfully. "Let's keep it that way. If Lady Starless has a reason for this severing of ties, we should help her in this endeavour. For plausible deniability it is better if her connection with us isn't made obvious while she is with those bigots... And in case something does go wrong in that front, the same severance will be in our favour."
Everyone agreed... Or at least no one voiced their different opinions. Of course, given the company, it wouldn't have been wise anyway...
"Keep the madman busy, organise something for him to do and enjoy, so that he doesn't go seeking for her..."
"Read: Get Bloodthistle, looots of Bloodthistle," the rogue smirked.
Perhaps not quite that simple... But that was their next course of action for the time being.
The Underground Movement was stirring - at least those in the know.
Shaken? Much less so. Warlocks were, after all, known to be heading towards their impending insanity...
(( "Half-dead leadership" - Coming soon! ...after Chapter II of course ^^ Guest star: Faelanthras ))
(( The "Resurrection..." - Coming soon! ...after Chapter III of course ^^ ))
OOC History and Current StatusEdit
- Underground Movement was originally a school project by Returned (or at least that was an excuse to play WoW...)
- Forlorn and abandoned it served as a banking guild for a while...
- ...Before Caros and Jouet re-vamped it into a heavy RP-guild for scoundrels, thieves and murderers.
- There were some issues within that the leadership of the time decided to deal with /gquit and /ignore...
(instead of talking things through like the rest of us would have wanted things to be handled)
- ...So we lost a willing, strong leader with interest and a clear vision to chase, but got a more relaxed atmosphere and more mature people who can also handle criticism and feedback.
- After the shock and griefing all this eventually lead to revamping the guild again to suit our current status and goals better...
...But what matters most is our current status: Small but active.
- Not a military type guild, not a strict or very organised guild...
That's why we're listed as Communities of Individuals rather than a guild. I guess it doesn't help that a good portion of our members are lone wolves or otherwise hard to approach in RP... Makes organising guild events tricky too. But OOC we're a good crowd!
- No clear aim in RP, no real motive... (Err... I mean.... "we're secretive!" And need more members and a stronger leader for any of that...)
- This can change when we get more people, some of whom perhaps like to lead and have a sense of IC direction and aims for the guild...
- In the meantime we will gladly participate and halp in the RP of other players and guilds. ^^
- Not a military type guild, not a strict or very organised guild...
- Are you a Warlock who is constantly harassed by the guards about showing your Voidwalker in public? Are you an assassin (or similar Rogue type?) who needs backup with your assignments? Are you a gloomy Death Knight who wants a place that will accept you for who you are? Is your slave character too high level? Or are you roleplaying something else that doesn't seem to fit in with the other guilds? Give us a try, we don't bite...unless you want us to!
Contact us for an Interview.
in crisis. Some of us seek to talk things over and resolve, some of us seek to escape and avoid facing things. → Didn't happen... ^^
So → Revamp! Going through some major changes... ^^ (and need more members, hehe)
On hiatus until we see what will or wil not happen.
The Underground Movement MandateEdit
Here be scary Mandate!
How to Join and Other QuestionsEdit
Basically any roleplayer is welcome in Underground Movement, we try to be open minded with the characters as well... But in addition to Blizzard's rules that we naturally expect you to follow... ( /say for RP only, no leet speak, no "clever names"... ) ...there are a few other things we kind of expect from you:
- No text-speak.
- I say this again. A few typos here and there is fine,
especially if English is not your first language,but if you haven't mastered basic English grammar, punctuation and the proper usage of capital letters, UM may not be for you. Also, the word "lol" oughta result in auto-ban.
- You must roleplay.
- I doubt this needs any explanation. We assume you're a roleplayer, and... as such, you will roleplay. Even if we don't have guild meetings, you will roleplay with someone! There is plenty of RP around, even more if you join in and contribute to it!
- You must prefer "Open RP".
- Bubble RP, railroaded RP, Closed RP, /ignoring roleplayers etc... Doesn't fit in our view of what RP should be about.
We think it's about interaction that makes it a lively roleplaying
realmworld... Instead of just a realm where you RP in a guild.
No reason to act lively in the world and let someone think there is RP about... and then deny them the pleasure of joining. That is unfair and causes unneeded grief. If you don't want them RPing with you, want to RP undisturbed... (like the ERPrs do) ...that's fine. Just do it out of sight then. Party chat works and lets you quest while doing it.
- Try to follow WoW-lore.
- We are not Lore-nazis, but it would be greatly appreciated if you tried to keep your roleplay realistic. Although we are a guild for scoundrels, we will not accept players who claim to be Arthas' lost sons or the likes. Asking is a good way to go, and studying some lore. From WoWWiki for an example. The lore does speak of half-breeds (Draenei-Orcs for an example) and liches, there is necromancy and mind controlling... So why not memory alterings? Sure. Werewolves - worgen - yes. Edward-like vampires? No, but for an example Darkfallen are in the lore... ^^
- Be respectful and mature
in the Guild Chat.
- We aim for making an active, mature community where everyone can feel at home, so refrain from starting drama
in the Guild Chat. Be respectful to the leaders IC. Yes, we know you're an untrusthworthy crawler, but that doesn't mean you can be disrespectful towards your leaders. *Wink*
Letting go of this as we no longer aim for a strict or military type of guild?
- Be respectful
- This includes others guilds and roleplayers too. Your character can hate them or want to assasinate them and destroy their guild, or someone's character can annoy the living essence out of you, but as players go: We're all people. We're all on the realm to have to have fun, some of us by RPing. Mutual respect goes a long way. Note that this doesn't mean that you always have to RP with them: If the characters have no reason to associate ICly, there's no need to force the RP either.
- Remember that not RPing with them is no reason to forbid them watching your RP or making it a Bubble-RP, see the Open RP claim above.
You have to be at least 16. - I'm sorry to say, but considering the theme and maturity level we want to keep in our RP, we want you to be at least 16.
Editing the mature things above, adding them together someohe and integrating this there... (rather than a strict age limit?)
It's not "do this or die!" but still: Failing to live, behave and play up to these expectations will first result in our officers talking about the issue and later you being addressed upon it... But if there is no common ground to be found, the rule is that you leave. This way at least the guild wins. It's really up to you, but if there really wasn't a common ground to be found... you going separate way from the guild should mean that you win too.
Win-Win: Not everyone has to behave and play how we'd like but not everyone has to belong into our guild either.
None at the moment... Maybe this will change soon. ^^ Something wicked this way comes!
We RP but our RP knows no guild boundaries. We have some crafting skills (Blacksmithing, Engineering and Tailoring for an example) but they too are available for others... We do instances and even boosts or what some call "guild runs", with the twist that again we do them with people not in our guild also. In some beneficiary sense joining the guild does nothing at the moment... Other than makes you belong to the mysterious group that others know very little about!
Member Roster and ContactEdit
|IC Guild Leaders:|
|Lords of the House:||Lord Caros Starless ( Taking a break... )|
|Ladies of the House:||(Lady) Nathira|
|IC Members:||Magister Yvanor ( Missing in |
+ All the other supporters / "unguilded members" out there. ^^ Respect.
With any possible questions or an interest in being invited please whisper or send an in-game letter to anyone of our OOC/IC staff or guild members, write in our thread in the Steamwheedle Cartel forums, or even drop a line in our Talk Page! We're open with our RP... And otherwise.